Monday, August 2, 2010

Inspiration and Emulation

Recently I was taking few sessions on Organization Behaviour in college and at the end of session I realized that Mr. Peter Ducker helped me to bring me, closer to myself. While reading Organization behavior I had a tryst with answers of many enigmatic question of life that brought me sleepless nights. One of such question snarling me since the day I joined MBA was “What is difference between Inspiration and Emulation”. At that very moment my mind went in flashback and recalled the GD PI Sessions where I was asked such visionary question. At that moment I placated the panel with sugar coated bitter pills but as I entered the arena and started rubbing shoulders with MBA brats I realized that the sugar coating is losing its redolence and the bitterness has started piercing me. To empathize myself I perceived myself and many of my ilks as Abhimanyu of Mahabharat who know how to enter the Chakravyuh but don’t know how to come out of it. We work hard to enter the world of MBA and after getting the admission things hardly work for us. And then I perceived the difference between the two words.
When I came across through the incarnation of Mile sur mera tumhara I felt that the journey of inspiration is eternal while that of emulation is ephemeral. The original soundtrack reminds us of our sweet memories of childhood, feeling of unity in diversity and above all its uniqueness which has kept it alive in our memories and will keep it close to our heart. While the new version just seems like an old wine in new bottle with zilch of innovation. Same is the case of reality show. Game show and singing completion in India started with KBC and Indian Idol. After the success of the duo the copying spree started. But with the time we observed that only these two still hold the gravity and rest all have gone with the wind. Our Cricket team and Bollywood is also in the same league. Many youngsters are just mesmerized by the glamour and fame of celebrity life. But don’t think that those who have reached the pinnacle of the industry are backed by immense hard work and aspiration. That’s the reason we have dearth of Sachin, Dravid, Amitabh and Aamir these days. The farsightedness has been replaced by bubble fame because Fame is the new definition of success.
Love is an inevitable element which has imbibed in our life but with time we would observe the dilution of word “Love”. Earlier loving someone and getting loved was a privilege. That’s why the essence of love was very much valued. The promises made, meant commitment of life but with the time love has become a fashion. Owning a friend of other sex has become style statement or necessity otherwise you are termed “third” person. So to avoid such repercussion we start hanging out with a girl or boy. We share everything except love. But, as the relation matures and responsibility comes the silver lining starts fading off. Contrarily, if someone knows what love is all about, he or she perceives these stumbles as an opportunity to refurbish their relation. We have seen many people rising and falling in love. The only element that differ them is the way they believe in it. So most importantly we need a right reason to achieve our goal or destination.
Once I heard that talent is useless without attitude. And while writing this article I perceived the practicality of the statement. It’s not just the talent that matters but what you do with that talent is most important and this is where attitude comes to play. We have seen many personalities fumbled after reaching the zenith of their career because their talent initially offered them a cakewalk but the moment they encountered glitches they fall back. When we follow someone blindly we may achieve the success initially by drenching all the talent but after that we start losing focus because we only followed the path not the destination. Lastly I would just say that the world doesn’t need your knowledge and skill as it has it in abundance. What it need is your attitude because that makes you stand tall and ahead against many equals.

No comments:

Post a Comment